Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage CASE Knives

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday. If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

These two pocket knives are definitely vintage. Not only are the vintage, but they are not the normal thing to collect for a girl. Since I only have two, I'd say they really are not a collection.

In fact, these two belonged to my grandpa and I remember them being in the kitchen drawer in my grandmas kitchen for years. When my grandpa passed away, I asked for these knives.


They are both Case knives, and I know they are great knives and sought after by knife collectors. I don't think these are anything too special other than belonging to my grandpa which makes them special to me.


I need to have my husband clean them up for me, and will have him do that soon. These just hang out in a curio cabinet these days....fond memories of special people who have gone on before us. I miss them both so much.




19 comments:

  1. Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday, Suzanne :) Always nice with memories :) Thanks for hosting! ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such nice little items to remember your loved Grandpa. I have my Granddads too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, I forgot to say, my Granddad used to sharpen his pencil with his,as he wrote a daily diary. I wonder if your Grandpa did too. I don't think they had pencil sharpeners in my Granddads day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! My hubby has a knife from his dad exactly like that Case one! I guess things like this hold special memories for you too. Thank you for a great party once more.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suzanne,
    I Love those 2 little knives! How VERY VERY special they are... I would give them a place of honor in my cabinet too... You are so lucky to have them and the memories of who they are attached to.
    Thank you for hosting our fun,
    Big Hugs to you,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suzanne; Thanks for sharing the pocket knives memory, and thank you for hosting. Always look forward to joining in.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne,
    I think your knIves are just wonderful and what wonderful memories they have attached to them!
    Don't say they are not special .. They are VERY special to you!! And that is all that counts, right?

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Suzanne, I love your knives and understand why they are so special to you. I remember the older men having these all the time. They would whip them out to cut up a piece of fruit to share with us children. When they were done, they would wipe it off on their blue jeans and then return the knife to their pocket. Thank you for hosting Vintage Thingie Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are neat to keep. My hubby has a few and still uses them, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice knives and special because of the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pocket knives remind me of my grandpa and all the whittling he used to do...sweet memory!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  12. What special treasures, Suzanne, and extral special as they belonged to your grandpa. Although very collectible and saleable, I'm sure you are like me in that somethings are PRICELESS when they come to family member heirlooms. I have my Dad's pocketknives...I need to get them out and display them in some special way...thanks for the reminder. PS...email me about the quilting if you still need some done. Thanks for hosting...I always enjoy my visits...even though I've been a bit off and on this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't think I had anything for today's linky party since I just got back from vacation, but then I remembered my Route 66 post and I have a lot of vintage stuff on there! Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband collected pocket knives...but his dresser drawer got too full! LOL! So know he is trying to resist. Thanks for hosting!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  15. How special! My dad always carried a pocket knife and it HAD to be a Case! Thanks for the fond memories and thanks for hosting the party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I have one just like the yellow one, right down to the curved handle, but it isn't a case. It has a crown mounted in the place where yours has the case label. How fun. Anyway, I sharpened mine and carry it everywhere and like the commenter before me said, I used it just yesterday to slice a peach at my desk. Course, I wiped it on a paper towel and not on my slacks. But, similar story. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally understand why these knives are special to you. Anything, no matter how small, that brings back memories of a Grandparent is to cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dad always had a pocket knife in his pocket. I wonder who has it now? I would treasure it! You are fortunate to have your ganfather's knives!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What treasures! I would not part with a family heirloom either! Lots of memories are so much better than a fleeting moment of having some extra $$! I always enjoy your vintages!

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...