It's NEVER to early to start thinking about Christmas...
The signups for the SSS are below. PLEASE before you sign up, read the directions in their entirety and make sure you are able to participate.
Signups run through Nov. 9th or when we reach the allotted number of swappers, which this year will be 50.
If you want to show the bloggy world you are participating and send some folks this way to join in the fun, there are some buttons to grab at the bottom of the page. I have no idea how to add a code to these for the link part, so you will have to add the photo and link it back to this post. IF anyone does know how to do that and wants to help a technical challenged blogger out, let me know!!
This is going to be A LOT of fun and I am so glad you all want to be part of the Second Secret Santa Soiree hosted here at The Coloradolady...so on with the show...
*How It Works*
You will need to sign up below. ( Please when putting in your link, completely fill out the link part with your name, blog address and EMAIL address.) Feel free to spread the word of our Secret Santa Soiree here at The Coloradolady. This will be limited to the first 50 bloggers who sign up. The cut off time to sign up is Friday November 9th. ALL PACKAGES NEED TO BE IN THE MAIL BY December 5th. (earlier if you are shipping to an international swapper)
1) You must have a blog so that when your gift(s) start rolling in you can post pics and blog your lil ♥ out about how GREAT your Secret Santa Soiree exchange partner is. Some folks did not do this last year after I begged them to do so. If you failed to do this part of the swap, I am sorry, but you won't be able to join this year. This is one of the most important parts for your swap partner and there were many who were very disappointed that their partner did not do this.
2) You must not share your partner's address with anyone else-
The only two people who will ever see your full name and address will be myself and your partner. Under no circumstances are you to share that private information with any other blogger.
3) The spending limit will be $20.00 (not including shipping) if you choose to spend more that is fine, but PLEASE do not be upset if your SSS partner does not. You can spend the money anyway you'd like by buying small gifts or one gift. The choice is yours. I have found that most people do enjoy several smaller packages to open as opposed to one, but the choice is yours.
4) When you're ready to ship your gift, make sure you buy delivery confirmation (DC). This will serve as proof that you actually did ship your gift to your partner, you will then need to email me the delivery confirmation number.
a) In order to sign up you must leave a comment to this post and Be sure to link in at the bottom of the post using the linky as well. Complete linky in its entirety.
b) BUT ALSO you will need to email me. If you link in and do not email me the information I have asked for I will delete your link. I can not and will not try to hunt anyone down this year, I just don't have the time to do so. You can click on the "contact me" on the right sidebar with your shipping info-this will be the ONLY way I can be certain you want to be a part of the SSS. PLEASE put SSS in your subject line and also include a link to your blog-obviously I don't know everyone's real names yet so it's helpful if you give me the name you post under along with your blog link. Once I receive your email with your shipping information, I will email you a short questionnaire that needs to be filled out and returned to me via email. This will give your swap partner some ideas of your likes, dislikes and so forth. **** If you are willing to be a Secret Santa to a international friend. Please let me know in the email with your shipping information. I really want to include international bloggers as well, so I need to make sure you would be willing to ship/swap with an international blogger. Simply - (I will exchange with a International friend) is enough to let me know you are willing to ship internationally.
6) You MUST ship by Dec 5th-feel free to get creative with your return address (remember, it is a Secret Santa exchange) while keeping in mind the rules and regs of USPS or your shipping carrier of choice
7) Probably the most important bit of 411-This is a SECRET Santa soiree so PLEASE do not share who your exchange partner is...you want to keep them guessing right?
*How to Participate*
In case you are still a lil bit confused, email me by clicking on the "contact me" button on my right sidebar your shipping information. (include yes I will ship internationally or no thank you) When you receive the questionnaire by email, complete and return as soon as possible the last day is Nov. 12. Check your email on or before November 13th for your swap partner and information. Shop for your SSS partner and remember while you are out trying to find the perfect gift(s) your SSS partner is doing the same for you. Ship By Dec 5th-dont forget the DC, when your gift arrives BLOG about it, take pictures, let the whole blog-O-sphere know how much fun you had participating in The Secret Santa Soiree.
Feel free to grab a button and link back to my blog to spread the word~
Please, please if you sign up make sure you are going to follow through. This is really a lot of fun during the holidays and once you commit to being a Secret Santa, make sure you will be able to follow through. It makes things a whole lot less stressful on myself and others. My time is VERY limited this year and I almost decided not to host due to the amount of time it takes to run this swap. If you'd like to help with any of this, let me know and we can maybe work together. That is not necessary, but thought I'd toss that out there. I don't have the time this year to beg people to do what they agreed to do. Please make sure you are able to do this again this year and follow through with all that is required without me having to email about what needs to be done over and over. I know that sounds a bit gruff...but I don't mean it to come across that way. This is very time consuming and it can run rather smoothly if all do as asked!
It just makes is a lot easier on everyone and no feelings are hurt!! Now.....Let The Fun Begin!!!