Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Rose China

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday

If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

I have a love for pink roses. I have several sets, did you catch that..SETS of china that have pink roses on them. My love for roses and pink one especially started I guess with my grandma. My grandma grew the most beautiful roses. They were huge and her favorite ones to grow were pink, large, very fragrant roses.


When my grandma passed away, I got one of her serving bowls that had a rose on the front. I thought I had talked about that bowl before, but for the life of me I can not find it in the archives of my blog. Maybe that is a good post for next week. Anyway, I tend to purchase china pieces when they have pink roses.

This little creamer is new to me, and although there were other pieces with this creamer the day I found it, I decided only to purchase the creamer. Did I want the other dishes? Yes of course, they were even in my basket but once I thought about the fact that I had just purchased another set of dishes recently...yes, I did just say that.......anyway......I declined the other pieces. Smart choice I'd say, and pretty proud of myself too!


I love this little candle holder I found a few months back. Too bad it was only one...but the one came  home with me. I love the flowers, and they were not broken and in perfect shape.


Here is a close up of the flowers on this piece! I love it!! The cut glass is very fine and detailed. It is fun to find the perfect treasures to bring home to be enjoyed!

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!! Have a great week!






19 comments:

  1. I love roses and pink ones specially. Your gravy boat is so cute and the porcelain roses are just gorgeous! Thank you for hosting. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother loved yellow roses. Last year I started visiting the antique markets. Daughter likes the pink tea cups, and in memory of my grandmother, I have been selecting yellow teacups for my niece. For myself, I have been looking for the Royal Albert Poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your candle holder! At least you found one, but it would have been nice to have 2! I shared about my grandmother too! They have a lot to answer for! LOL!
    Thanks for hosting.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your floral pieces- they're gorgeous.

    Thank you for hosting!

    Have a blessed remainder of week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I love the creamer the most. Thanks for the fun party!

    HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hostessing the party, I linked a post about our visit to my uncle's family's 200-year-old farm. Cousin Amy and her family live there now. It's a place we like to visit often.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower and its my first time linking up! That candleholder is beautiful. Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the delicate detail on the candle holder. Such amazing craftsmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much for hosting this party! Come back later to enjoy what other participants have created! Have a nice day!
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rose patttern and the flowers on the candle holder look like Cappadamonti (sp?) lovely! So glad to be back on the blogs. Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pink roses! That creamer is so pretty...what a great pattern! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love a gravy boat! I saw one other one in these links today too. Yep, I've been a good girl and already traversed down the entire list of links leaving comments in my wake.

    I do miss "playing" your linky party - - - but I can't keep BUYING new antiques (is that an oxymoron?) and I've already shown EVERYTHING I own I believe.

    Oh well - - - perhaps your linky players will be TOLERANT of me if I begin RESHOWING things but try to mix it up with a new "tale" or two to go along.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Suzanne, I LOVE that candle holder, I've never seen one like it before.
    And have you visited Imagimeri's blog this week, she has two CUTE doxie valentines on there!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Suzanne; thank you for hosting, always a pleasure to join in. It is amazing that those china flowers on your candle holder are intact. Great find.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanne,
    thanks for hosting and thanks for stopping by!! I don't have a big house either. I live in w townhouse!!

    hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Suzanne,
    I have never seen a glass with porcelain stick. My Mom has CapeDumante pieces that are all porcelain. Happy VTT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Suzanne, I too love china with roses and any flowers. I have also collected china with fruit. Lets just say I love china period. Smile.

    The candlestick with the porcelain flowers attached is gorgeous. I have never seen anything like it. Lucky find.

    Happy hunting.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous piece. I've never seen one like it either.
    A unique accent to any decor.
    Thanks so much for hosting each week.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...