Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Vintage Thingie Thursday: Vintage Dog Figurine

Welcome everyone to Vintage Thingies Thursday

If you have a love for vintage things, well....you have come to the right place. We have a really good time each and every week!!!
If you are new to this party, please take the time to
read and follow the instructions for participating in Vintage Thingies Thursday, click HERE. I try and keep things fairly simple, so please make sure you follow the instructions. Please only ONE link per week. Lastly, if you link in, LINK back to my blog, so everyone can see all of the vintage goodies on display that day. If you don't link back here, they won't know who to visit......thanks so much.

There is a thrift store in town that I love to stop in at every chance I get. It must be popular with the older generation because I can really come across some neat things at this one thrift store and the prices are giveaway.



Not long ago, I spotted this little dog on a shelf. And of course fell in love the minute I saw it. I thought at first it looked like a chihuahua dog, but I am honestly not sure what the breed of the dog is supposed to be. I just knew I was taking this one home.

 

The price was right too, only fifty cents. The bottom is not marked Japan, but Mexico. I was not concerned about that either, as I can tell from the look and feel this is an older piece. It fits rather well with all my other doggie figurines.

Happy Vintage Thingie Thursday!! Have a wonderful week!





9 comments:

  1. Adorable dog Suzanne and of course you that like you I have a weekness for the canines! Thanks for hosting.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I got a smile this morning Suzanne..adorable little doggie! Thank you for the great party. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I would of grabbed it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your doggie! I find cats like this in the thrift shops and save them also!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little addition to your doggie collection!
    He looks like he's enjoying the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting Suzanne, its been awhile since I joined in. I love that type of thrift store. Sweet little puppy.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great find! it can be really hit or miss and its always nice to find a special piece.

    ReplyDelete

Sometimes someone says something really small, and it's like it fits into this empty space in your heart!

Thank you for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here, they really mean a lot to me!

Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...